Sunday, September 18, 2011

Pennsylvania will have a temple

     President Henry B. Eyring, First Counselor in the First Presidency presided over the groundbreaking ceremony for the Philadelphia, PA temple on September 17, 2011.  I will say that this is a day that I have been waiting for a long time now ever since this temple was announced in the October 2008 General Conference.  Even though I am not from Philadelphia, I have been waiting for my home state of Pennsylvania to finally have a temple of it's own.  In 2014 this will come to fruition once the temple is finished and dedicated. 

       A lot of church history happened in my home state.  Emma Smith is from Pennsylvania, the Priesthood was restored in my home state, and parts of the Book of Mormon were translated there, along with some early convert baptisms along the banks of the Susquehana River.  Pennsylvania is a state rich with church history and in the coming years to come more history will be made with the building and the dedication of the state's very first temple. 

     Who knows, maybe someday when the temple has it's open house I would love to fly back to Pennsylvania and go through it.  I have never been to an open house of a temple.

 

No comments: