Monday, April 13, 2009

Regrets

Many people have regrets in life. Regrets are something we just have to live with. Some we cannot change, some we can. Since my return to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints one my biggest regrets is not being able to go on a mission. To serve the lord and spread his word to those who seek it is something that I really have a desire to do. Since I was active and inactive throughout my life in the church I never got the chance to serve a mission. To fully devote 2 years of my life serving the lord and spreading his word is something I now have a desire to do. Of course, there are senior missionaries. When a husband and wife retire, they are able to go on a couple's mission. This is something that I really want to do with my future wife. My wife and I spreading the word of our heavenly father to those who seek it or need the lord in their life is something I really want to do. Just knowing that I have changed someone's life for the better makes me proud. The church has a saying, "Every member a missionary." I know that I do not have to actually be on a mission to spread the lord's word. I can spread the word of our heavenly father to those who seek it. That is something that I look forward to.

No comments: