Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Changes

I am always skeptical about making changes in my life, usually because I am afraid of the outcome or because I'm too comfortable to make changes. I don't want to be afraid. I try to make an effort slowly to make changes in my life. However, Changes bring opportunities and challenges that will make us better if we really make an effort to make positive changes in our lives.

My life will be flooded with changes starting this summer. First and most importantly, I have met the most wonderful girl in the universe. We met through the ldssingles.com dating website. She lives in Alaska. I have fallen hard for her. She has helped me in so many ways. She gives me strength, motivation and hope that the future will be better. For those of you wondering her name, it is Beverli. I am going up to visit her this summer and if that works out, Well change number 1 in my life, is in September when she comes down here to visit me and meet my family, when she returns to Alaska, I will be going with her.

I have been told by many people that I should not make this move. This isn't a move that I have rushed into. I have carefully weighed the pros and cons of this move, and I also prayed to my heavenly father if this is the correct move for me. I feel he answered that prayer by telling me yes. Many people have told me look at what I am giving up, and look at what I will be losing. I also look at what I will be losing if I do not make this move. I will be losing out on potentially the greatest person to have come into my life in a long time. Besides, my friends, my family and the job I have now will always be here. You ask what will I be gaining? That question is easy...Beverli. That answer right there is reason enough for me to give everything up that I have here and go up to Alaska and be with her. Love makes you do crazy things, Love is making me pack up my life in Pennsylvania and move to Alaska to be with somebody. To me, It is all worth it. For those of you who doubt love on the internet, just try it. What do you have to lose?

Of course with these changes comes leaving behind old friends, and meeting entirely new people. I am going going to ever forget about my current friends(Ellen, Brian,Pam, my 3 best friends). I look forward to the challenges and excitement of meeting new people and making new friends. Also, comes meeting my girlfriend's family. I look forward to meeting them all, hoping that they will like me. No matter how much Beverli assures me that they will like me, I am still utterly nervous. That just comes with the territory. I know that once I get to know them, and they get to know me, in due time we will all become friends.

One more change in my life, another pretty big change is my faith in heavenly father. When I was growing up I went to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Better known as the mormon church. I was baptized into the church at age 9. I was active and inactive in the church for many years. I felt I never really had a true testimony of the church, Joseph Smith and our heavenly father, and The Book of Mormon. Recently in my life I was really questioning the church and it's place in my life. My friend Brian introduced me to a great christian church that I attended frequently. I loved going to that church. I did not want to miss a single sermon. However, something inside my head kept telling me that this was not where I was suppose to be.

Something kept drawing me back to the Mormon church. I could not figure it out. So, once again I began a quest to figure this out once and for all. I began meeting with the LDS missionaries more frequently. I enjoyed my time talking to them and them helping me figure this out. However, there was only 1 way for me to figure this out all on my own and that was to get down on my hands and knees and pray to heavenly father. I did that for weeks, to no answer. I wanted to give up, alot of times. I was very frustrated. However, one of the things I have come to understand is that heavenly father answers prayers when he feels you are ready, not when you want the answer. Finally, one night I humbled myself and knelt down and started praying again to heavenly father. I asked heavenly father if Joseph Smith was a true prophet, if the Book of Mormon is true and if The LDS church is his church of the restored gospel. I actually began to cry as I asked him. Finally, I felt a sense of peace and tranquility come over me. It was like a tidal wave washing over me and letting me know that all of this is true. The LDS church is the church of the restored gospel, Joseph Smith was a prophet, we have a prophet on the earth today in Thomas Monson and The Book of Mormon is true. I know longer doubt any of those things. I know for a fact that they are all true. All you have to do is ask heavenly father and he will answer if you are sincere enough and humble yourself to him.

I know I gave up alot when I left the church. One thing I do know, I am on the right path in life. I do not doubt that for one single second. The moment I stepped through those church doors again for the first time in a long time it was like coming home again. I love this church, I love the restored gospel. I am willing to do whatever it takes, however long it takes to come back to full membership once again. I know someday if I live the gospel I will return home to live with heavenly father. What other place would anyone want to be?

1 comment:

beverlibee said...

Love the new post...thank you for the sweet comments. I am here to help in anyway I possibly can with the many up coming life changes and growing in the gospel.