Monday, August 5, 2013
1. Not staying active in the church. I believe my not staying active in the church did leave to me eventually leaving and not gaining a full testimony of the restored gospel, which also lead me to my next regret:
2. Not serving a mission. My wife served a mission and she absolutely loved her mission in Brazil. I wish I had that type of experience in my life so that I could have helped spread the work of the kingdom on the earth. Also, a mission is a growing experience which I think is something that I still need in my life right now. I try to do all I can with my calling as a ward missionary and to support our local missionaries who are serving in our ward. But still, I think back and wonder what might have been?
3. Arizona. I lived in Arizona for a while in 2004, and still consider it one of the best times of my life and my favorite place to be. I will not get into full detail about my experience there and how much I screwed up, but I will always look back with fond memories of a wonderful place with some great memories in my heart.
4. Education. I regret not starting my education sooner in life. I have always wanted to be a teacher, hopefully I can make this happen.
5. Paying attention in school. I wish I would have paid more attention in school, if I did who knows where I might be today.
6. Navy. I regret not going into the Navy after I graduated. I could have gained a world class experience and school could have been paid for. I chickened out, and my recruiter never got me my waiver he promised me. That is another story for another time.
7. Not being a righteous priesthood holder. I will not go into full details here, but I have done some things in my life that I am not proud of like everyone has, but I am trying to fix these mistakes.
These are just some of the regrets I have in my life. I am sure I can think of plenty more, but I do not want to make a really long blog post.