Friday, December 28, 2012

2013


     It is funny how I sit down to write this post at the tail end of 2012 and I think about how much my life has grown and changed over the last 12 months.  How much I have grown and changed as a person, all of my accomplishments and failures.  I think about where i was this time last year and the blog post I wrote about what I wanted to accomplish in the year 2012.  Did I live up to the person I wanted ti become?  Well lets review them one by one so I can get my thoughts and feelings out and make some resolutions for the year 2013.

Leave WalMart and find a new job:  This I accomplished in August.  I left Walmart behind and have started a new job.  It was a bit shaky in the beginning but I started a new position with the company in November and now I absolutely love it.  Resolution Accomplished.

Stick with Education:  I am still attending school to become a teacher.  Resolution Accomplished.

Becoming A Father:  Our daughter is due in late March:  Resolution Accomplished.

Learn and Grow in the Gospel:  This resolution is mixed for myself.  Within the last few months I have not been attending church that much because my wife has been sick because of the pregnancy, so when she is sick I stay home and take care of her.  I also have been seriously lacking in my scripture studying and prayers.  How can one learn and grow in the sweet gospel of Jesus Christ if they are not willing to do their part?  I am making no excuses here, this is totally my fault:  Resolution Neutral.

New Calling:  I am the Secretary of the Elders Quorum in my ward and I know I have not done my job lately and I feel absolutely horrible about it.  I need to step up to the plate and take responsibility for my calling.  I love my calling and the people I work with in the calling so I need to do my part and make our quorum a successful one:  Resolution Neutral.

Become a Better Person:  I still need to do a lot of growing:  Resolution Neutral.

Now it is time for me to make some Resolutions for 2013:
I will become a father and I want to be the best father I can be.  A loving, doting, caring father to my soon to be daughter.
To receive my Associate's Degree and begin my journey to my Bachelors.  I will be receiving my Associate's in June barring no failing of classes.
To get my life back on track with the church and my Heavenly Father.  I need to dive right in and immerse myself in the gospel of Jesus Christ so I can learn and grow as a person.  The gospel is intended to make weak men strong, and strong men stronger.  I want this, I need this in my life more so I can become the kind of person my Heavenly Father knows that I can be.  I want to live up to the potential that he knows I can.
I want to do some missionary work for the church.  I do not know how I will do this yet, but I am thinking about it.  President David O. Mckay once said "Every member a missionary" and I intend to make this statement true for myself.
To Read my scriptures more and have more personal and family prayer.
To learn Portugese.  My wife served her mission in Sao Paulo Brazil and I have become obsessed with her mission lately.  Part of this obsession is trying to learn to speak Portugese.  We will see what the future hold as far as this resolution goes.
To tell and show my wife everyday how much I love her.

No comments: