Sunday, August 19, 2012

A Year of Change



     A while ago I made a blog post titled 2012: A Year Of Change? and made a list of some of the changes that I wanted to make this year.  So far, a few of those changes that I wanted to see happen have now come to fruition.  In no particular order here they are:

1.  I am now 4 classes away from completing my Associates degree.  In January 2013 I will be halfway through my degree.  Not many people in my family can say that they have accomplished this.  I am very proud of this and it has been a lot of hard work and frustration along the way, but I am half way to achieving my goal and life long dream of finally becoming a school teacher.  Also, I know that I will be able to provide a living for my future family.

2.  Speaking of family, this topic is next.  My wife and I are expecting our first child nex year.  I look forward to the impending days of fatherhood and raising a child together with my beautiful wife, with our help, and the help of a wonderful Heavenly Father, (and family too), I know that we will be able to do this.  I am not a parent yet, but from what I have seen and talked to other parents too, being a parent is not always easy but it is worth it.  Former LDS Church President Spencer W. Kimball once said that  "A home is a haven against the storms and troubles of life."  I want my children and neices and nephews and all family and friends to know that my home will be a sanctuary to where they can come to with anything, and the spirit will always be there.

3.  This was probably my biggest concern for 2012, one that has caused me a lot of emotions over the last year or so.  I have wanted a new job.  I am proud and happy to report that August 31, 2012 will be my last day with my current employer.  I am not going to sit here and bash my current employer.  That would not be the right thing to do.  As unhappy I was with my job, I was very grateful to be employed in this economy.  The fact is, I knew it was time for a change.  I graduated high school in 1997 and obtained my first real job in 1998 in the retail industry.  This is all I have been doing for 14 years now and I just felt that it was time for a change.  I heard a piece of advice on television several years ago and for some reason it has stuck with me ever since..."The day you wake up and hate your job, you know it is time for a change."  Well it is time for a change and I am now making those changes. 

     The next several months will bring wonderful changes to my life and I look forward to those changes with much anticipation, and I wonder where the Lord will lead my life next.  As one door closes, another opens.

No comments: