Saturday, March 3, 2012

A Missionary Moment I Never Knew I Had




One never knows when they will have a missionary effort to share the gospel with friends, family, or even strangers.  My time as a member missionary has not gone so well.  My chances to share this gospel that has brought so much joy to my life has not gone so well.  That is until recently, I had a missionary moment and I was not even aware of it until my father told me.  I am going to change the names of people as I do not want to name anyone by their first name.  When I lived at home there was a girl I was dating and her daughter was introduced to the church through me.  We would often talk about the church and everything it has meant to me in my life.  She would attend church with my father a few times (this was during my inactivity), after attending a few times she decided to quit.  Fast forward to present time.  The daughter ran into my father and asked if he still attended church.  My father said yes and offered to take her to church if she would like.  The answer was yes.  Over the course of the last few months she has been attending church and then began taking the missionary discussions.  After gaining a testimony of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ, she was baptized on March 3, 2012.  I am proud to have her as a sister in the gospel and I know she will be blessed as she begins her new life.  I am returning home in June for a visit and cannot wait to hear all about her journey and attend church with her for a few weeks.  When you least expect someone to accept the gospel, Heavenly Father will throw a curveball your way and someone will accept it.  Do not be afraid to be a member missionary, you never know whose life you may impact.

No comments: