Friday, May 27, 2011

The sacred Grove



I went to where the prophet stood



I walked his very steps



And in my heart I knew the good



Brought by the Lords concepts






I seemed to feel his very soul



It merged intent with mine



The tempests 'round me seemed to lull






Through sacred peace divine






I felt assured of love and grace






As well as knowledge learned,



I did not see his very face



But my heart no longer yearned






The Holy Spirit's loving arms



Were wrapped around so tight



That all the worldly wealth and charms



Couldn't touch with their fake might






This Gospel means so much to me



Faith growing each new day



That though Christ lived across the sea



He forged for me the way



My heart's been touched by holy hands



The tender seed caressed



When I walk through this sacred land



I know I have been blessed.

No comments: